Have you been throwing your weed stems? Well, the next time you have these stems, you better keep it and make it more useful. In today’s article, we help you make good use of your weed stems so you can enjoy a relaxing sip using it. We will give you a step by step guide on how to make a cannabis stem tea.
But, first things first. We have to exercise extra precaution so we can make sure that you don’t get “too high” from teatime.
Things to Remember When Making Cannabis Stem Tea
- You should know how to calculate the potency of your weed tea. The general rule is you add a 0 to the THC percentage of your marijuana. For example, if your weed strain contains 12% THC, then that would mean that your cup of tea has 120mg of THC.
- Do not consume your tea in a public place. This is just a precaution to take, especially if you haven’t mastered the art of balancing the ingredients of your tea yet. You might be too high, and this can pose a danger to you.
- The effect of the weed tea will be around thirty minutes to a one-and-a-half-hour depending on factors like your weed tolerance, weight, etc. If you haven’t felt the effects of the weed tea within this period, wait it out. Do not drink more tea because it might magnify the impact. You can only take another sip if you still don’t feel any effect after two hours.
With these things considered, you might be wondering what the benefits of weed tea are? After all, you used to throw them anyway. Well, drinking cannabis stem tea will give you a lot of advantages:
- Economical. Using your weed until the very last part is very economical. The stems you used to throw now gives you an extra kick and a special relaxing effect. This move is also very resourceful.
- Medical Benefits. Weed Stem Tea gives you the same benefits as that of the cannabis plant. It can help ease your anxiety and depression, give you better sleep, relieves body pains, migraines, and asthma. It also provides faster relief compared to other edible cannabis products.
- Good Option. Cannabis tea is a good option for those who do not smoke.
Now, for the most awaited part.
We’ll guide you through step by step on how to make a cannabis stem tea.
- ½ or ¼ marijuana stems
- 3 cups of purified water
- Coffee Filter or Cheese Cloth or Paper Towels
- Flavoring (honey, milk or cinnamon)
- 2 to 3 teaspoons of alcohol
- ½ cup of milk or non-dairy milk
- ½ tablespoon of butter or coconut oil
Note: You might be wondering what a binding agent is. You have to understand that cannabis stems cannot be brewed without an additional ingredient to bind the THC with water because the THC is not soluble in water. Either of the binding agents above is a source of fat that the THC can bind with.
How to Make a Cannabis Stem Tea
- You have the option to grind the stems, break them using your bare hands, or leave them be – there is no proven difference. Perhaps, the only difference is that ground stems can be messier so you can break the stems up into manageable pieces.
- If you choose the butter or milk as your grinding agent, combine these to your water. (Skip this step if your binding agent is alcohol)
- Once you’ve combined the water and the binding agent, start boiling the three cups of purified water.
- Once your water has boiled, add your marijuana stems and begin stirring. Stir the concoction for 8-12 minutes to give it enough time to bind with the binding agent.
- If you choose alcohol as your binding agent, now is the time to add it.
- Get your filter (coffee filter or cheesecloth or paper towels) and pour the mixture through your filter into another pot.
- Add your honey, milk or cinnamon for more flavor.
With the ratio of the ingredients given, you can make up to 4 cups of tea. It’s time to enjoy your tea or have a tea party with your friends – either way; we’re sure it will give you a relaxing high you’ve been wanting
There you have it! In just less than half an hour of preparation, you are ready to sip in and enjoy your weed tea. The process is not as complicated as you think but make sure to consider all the precautions, including the ratio of the tea that you induced.
Who would have thought that those stems are still of great value?
Making cannabis stem tea is resourceful, economical, and offers a lot of health benefits.
We hope that this article has been helpful and educational to you. Just remember, whether edible, smoked or drunk, always take cannabis with moderation.